The AMHS Confirmation Formation Process prepares Catholic students to complete their initiation in the Church through the Sacrament of Confirmation.
The AMHS Confirmation Formation Process complements students’ experiences of retreats, Religious Studies classes, and Christian service in order to strengthen their Catholic identity. With the help of peer leaders, the process encourages small and large group fellowship and reflection, and offers opportunities for communal worship and prayer. Candidates are supported on their faith journey by their Confirmation sponsors, the AMHS faith community, and the Diocese of San Jose.
The Confirmation Formation Process consists of a series of Monday evening meetings aimed at helping the students prepare for the Sacrament. Meetings focus on deepening each individual's Catholic faith by examining the gifts of the Holy Spirit active in their lives; strengthening the faith community; and examining the roles and responsibilities of confirmed members of the Catholic community.
All sophomores who have been baptized and have a desire to be fully initiated into the Catholic community are invited to prepare for and receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. Juniors and seniors who are not yet confirmed are also welcome to enroll.
1. Confirmation Calendar: Check the Confirmation Calendar to make sure you have no conflicts with Formation Sessions and the celebration of the Sacrament.
2. Pastor Permission Letter: Students must have the permission of the pastor or parochial vicar of your parish in order to participate in our formation process. We are unable to accept students into the formation process without this permission. Please allow ample time to have this form signed and returned to Mrs. Roberts in Campus Ministry. Forms may be submitted digitally to Mrs. Kim Roberts (email@example.com) or mailed in / dropped off.
3. Baptismal Certificate: A certificate of Baptism is required. Certificates may be submitted digitally to Mrs. Kim Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mailed in / dropped off.
4. Register: Registration opens on December 1st and must be completed by going to your Campus Ministry Profile.
5. Payment: A fee of $10 is requested of each candidate to offset program costs. Financial assistance is available and has already been applied for students receiving tuition assistance.