Important Information for Current 8th Grade Students
Thank you for your interest in Archbishop Mitty High School. The online application for the Class of 2028 is due Friday, December 15, 2023.
All students who apply must create a Ravenna account. When creating an account, you must use a parent's email address.
Notification letters, tuition assistance awards, and High School Placement Test results for the Class of 2028 will be mailed on Friday, March 15, 2024. Electronic notification will be emailed on Friday, March 15, 2024.
Tuition Assistance applications for the 2024-2025 school year are due no later than Friday February 2, 2024. Click here for more information on Tuition Assistance at Archbishop Mitty High School.
Para ayuda en español, comuníquese con Patsy Vargas al email@example.com
Required Materials all completed through Ravenna (due Friday February 2, 2024)
- CONFIDENTIAL RECOMMENDATION REQUEST FORM (required) -This form should be completed by the applicant's principal, 8th grade academic teacher, or counselor and submitted through Ravenna.
- TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM (required) – Please email the request form through Ravenna. This information must be returned to Archbishop Mitty High School by a representative of the applicant's current school.
- STANDARDIZED TESTING – Applicants should also request through the Transcript Request Form that their current school send all standardized testing completed in the 7th and 8th grade. Students who have not taken any standardized test are not required to submit testing.
- HIGH SCHOOL PLACEMENT TEST REGISTRATION (administered in January) - Applicants will register for the High School Placement Test as part of the online application process. The testing fee is included in the $75 application fee. Students who require accomodations or extended time must upload documentation via Ravenna.
Optional Materials all completed through Ravenna (due Friday February 2, 2024)
- OPTIONALTEACHER EVALUATION FORM- This form should be completed by a current English, math, science, or social studies teacher (if they were not involved in completing the required Confidential Recommendation Request Form). This form is optional and not required.
- Please Note: Non-academic recommendations are not required by Archbishop Mitty High School. If you would like to submit information regarding an applicant's extra-curricular involvement, you may do so in the form of a letter through Ravenna.
Archbishop Mitty High School admits students of any race, color, or ethnic origin, and from any geographic region, and extends all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded to or made available for students at the school. Archbishop Mitty does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship or loan programs, or in other school-administered programs.
Archbishop Mitty High School is a Catholic college preparatory, and preference is given to Catholic applicants. Admission to Archbishop Mitty High School is comprehensive; in particular, the Admissions Committee considers the following criteria when making admissions decisions:
- 7th and 8th grade grades (No marks lower than C; a grade point average of 3.0 or higher is strongly recommended)
- Standardized testing scores from junior high and the High School Placement Test
- Teacher recommendations
- Student essay and video
- Clean attendance and discipline record